Meghan Markle’s dad says he now wants to walk his daughter down the aisle at her wedding – but heart problems could stop him, it is claimed.
Thomas Markle Snr has reportedly had a change of heart and wishes to perform the honour for Meghan at Windsor Castle, Berkshire, on Saturday.
Speaking to TMZ, the 73-year-old said: “I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle.”
However, he is reportedly back in hospital, undergoing tests, after suffering from serious chest pains following a heart attack last week.
Mr Markle Snr’s ‘change of mind’ comes after his actress daughter, 36, is said to have sent him a text expressing her love and concern for him.
Mr Markle Snr is still believed to be in North America, with Meghan and Prince Harry, 33, set to tie the knot in the UK in just four days’ time.
In a statement earlier this month, Kensington Palace said the father would walk his daughter down the aisle of St George’s Chapel this weekend.